Sanger Learning Center provides a variety of interactive workshops to help UT Austin students succeed in their courses. Workshops are facilitated by our trained student Outreach and Communication Specialists. Most workshops are 45-50 minutes in length and all workshops contain proven, research-based strategies.
Our presenters will be available to facilitate both in-person and virtual workshops this semester. If requesting an in-person workshop, please ensure that the room used is large enough to comfortably fit everyone in order to maximize safety for our presenters and your group. People may choose to mask at any time, for any reason, and individuals who are immunocompromised or at high risk should continue to take precautions.
Our presenters will also be enacting procedures to reduce close contact, including taking attendance by QR code and leading modified workshop activities. Thank you for working with us to keep Texas safe.
Attend a Workshop
Students can visit our events calendar below to view this semester’s dates/times and to RSVP to secure their spot.
Request a Workshop
Please submit workshop requests at least two weeks advance to give our team of presenters time to prepare. Workshops can be requested by staff, faculty and student groups/organizations on campus. Please ensure that there will be at least eight students in attendance. Workshops are fulfilled based on presenter availability and a confirmation email will be sent once a presenter has been assigned. Staff facilitators are available upon request. If you have questions, please email us or call 512-471-3614.
- Sanger Services Overview in your classroom (15-30 minutes): Learn about the many services we provide to students and how your group or class can make the best use of them.
- Public Speaking Center Overview (10-15 minutes): Hear from a speech consultant about what students can expect when they visit the Public Speaking Center.
- Time and Procrastination (45-50 minutes): Learn how to manage time effectively and successfully accomplish tasks.
- Study Smarter, Not Harder (45-50 minutes): Learn new study strategies to help you study more effectively.
- Motivation & Productivity (45-50 minutes): Learn how beliefs and values affect motivation, create SMART goals for the semester, and explore strategies to boost productivity.
- Public Speaking (50 minutes): Learn how to present confidently by analyzing your audience, preparing strategically, and rehearsing effectively.
- Reading for College (45-50 minutes): Learn how to become more efficient and effective in your college reading.
- Online Learning: Starting Strong, Getting Organized (45 minutes): Learn how to make a good impression, communicate effectively, and stay organized in your online courses.
- Strategizing to Succeed on Finals (45-50 minutes): Learn how to manage your time, study strategically, and stay healthy as you reach the academic finish line.