To be eligible, you must
- Be a current University of Texas at Austin student enrolled in the School of Undergraduate Studies in spring 2022
- Have completed no more than four long semesters at The University of Texas at Austin prior to applying for funding
- Propose exploration experiences or professional development opportunities taking place between May and August 2022
- If traveling, preference is given to students affiliated with sponsored UT programs or UT recommended programs. Contact a career counselor if you have any questions about your program/experience.
To complete the online application form, you will need the following:
- Current resume
- A direct link to the program, resource, opportunity, etc. that you will explore
- Maximum 750-word personal statement describing the specific goals of the summer experience, independent project, or professional development opportunity and specifying how your academic and/or career path may become clearer as a result of this experience. Include a paragraph stating your financial need and detailing how you would benefit from this grant
- Detailed budget not to exceed $2,000. Budget items should clearly relate to the experience and should include a breakdown of costs, tuition, travel, living expenses, materials, etc. Include any other funding you have been awarded for this program/experience. Applicants should use this budget document as a template. Please note, awards range from $100-$2,000
- Recommendation from a UT professor, TA, UT mentor, advisor, or staff member. The Grant Recommendation Form can be sent directly to your recommender after starting the online application process
- Any additional documentation that may help us evaluate the proposed experience (optional)
Applications are closed.
After the Exploration
Each grant recipient is required to participate in a post-experience check-in after completing their summer exploration experience. Recipients must also submit three to five photos taken over the summer to be used in UGS communications and news stories.
Any grant recipient who does not schedule a check-in by Aug. 30, 2022 may be subject to an academic bar.