Vick Center advisors are available to assist students from all colleges and schools with matters related to major exploration, internal transfer planning, and core and flags advising. While the Vick Center advisors serve students in transition between majors, students must see an advisor in their current college for processes like clearing a registration hold, Q-dropping, withdrawing, changing a class to pass/fail, etc.
If you are an incoming student, you must attend your orientation session with your admitted college/school and register for classes before you can schedule with our office.
The Vick Center holds advising appointments online through Zoom as well as in person. See our advising services and schedule a 30-minute advising appointment below.
Spring 2024 Drop-ins
Have a quick question? The Vick Center hosts drop-in advising to answer your questions that may not need a full 30-minute appointment but could benefit from an advisor’s assistance. Drop-ins are intended to last 10-15 minutes.
Please note, if you have questions about course scheduling and do not intend to switch your major, or are looking to clear a registration hold, q-drop a class, withdraw, or change a class to pass/fail, you must meet with the advising office within your college/school. Information on how to find your college/school advisor is available through Texas One Stop.
Internal Transfer Drop-ins
January 29 – April 1, 1-3pm in-person only at FAC 2.116
Vick Center advisors can meet with students to discuss the following topics:
- Explore your interests, discover your strengths, and review possible academic paths at UT.
- Learn about additional resources to help you make an informed decision, including career counseling and Wayfinder.
Internal Transfer Planning
- Discuss the internal transfer process and make a plan that accounts for different possible outcomes.
- Review internal transfer requirements, including required courses you might need to take in a future semester. Review what it takes to be a competitive applicant for internal transfer.
Please note that Vick Center advisors do not see students for internal transfer resume or personal statement review. Instead, please visit Texas Career Engagement for support with these materials.
Core Curriculum and Flags Advising/Petitions
- Get help with any questions related to the Core Curriculum or Skills & Experience Flags requirements.
- Review the process for submitting a core petition or a flag petition.