The FIG Mentor application for the fall 2024 semester is live! The deadline to apply is Nov. 5, 2023.
If you are interested in learning more about the mentor position, you can attend an upcoming virtual information session.
- Tuesday, October 3rd from 5:30 – 6:00 pm | Zoom link: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/94616591407
- Wednesday, October 4th from 6:00 – 6:30 pm | Zoom link: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/98375136164
Apply to become a First-Year Interest Group (FIG) mentor. Applications are accepted in the fall term.
- Gain leadership experience while guiding new freshmen through the transition from high school to college
- Share your knowledge about opportunities at UT and connect new students with campus resources
- Form professional relationships with advisors, faculty, and staff
- Spread your UT spirit and enthusiasm with fellow Longhorns
Peer mentors lead a weekly one-hour seminar during the fall semester and organize educational and social activities to help students become better acquainted with each other, faculty members, and the UT community. Learn more about the peer mentor position and commitments.
Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Hear from FIG mentors who reflect on their experiences with the program and why they recommend students join.